“Bakuon” screening Yellow Submarine
A masterpiece of pop animation! A revival of this revolutionary film through a “Bakuon” screening
An animated film featuring the members of The Beatles as its main characters. Filled with innovative ideas, Yellow Submarine is still a masterpiece that gives audiences a unique sense of freedom. A digitally restored version (in 4K digital resolution).
- A Screening with an Audio System used in Live Concerts
- Bakuon (explosive sound) Screening is an experimental way of screening films. It doesn’t use the speakers installed in a movie theater; instead, it uses an audio system usually found in live concerts, which is set up especially for the screening.
- Powerful and Delicate Sound
- With dynamics that cannot be achieved in normal audio settings, Bakuon Screening offers the audience a thrilling experience; after all, a change in sound can even change the way we watch films. During Bakuon Screening, one will be able to listen to the subtlest sounds that you would otherwise miss. It’s a perfect combination of powerfulness and delicateness.
- Bakuon Means the Best Sound
- Bakuon doesn’t mean just a loud sound. It is also a way to search for the best sound a film can have, as it attempts to find out where the core of the sound exists, so that the essence of the film can be revealed.
Once upon a time… or maybe twice, there was an unearthly paradise called Pepperland – a place where happiness and music reigned supreme. But all that was threatened when the terrible Blue Meanies declared war and sent in their army led by a menacing Flying Glove to destroy all that was good. Enter John, Paul, George and Ringo to save the day! Armed with little more than their humour, songs, and of course, their yellow submarine, the Fab Four tackle the rough seas ahead in an effort to bring down the evil forces of bluedom.
© Subafilms Ltd.